DIFICID Rx Assist Program provides reimbursement information to support patient access to DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) tablets. The reimbursement information hotline is available for patients, caregivers, physicians and healthcare provider staff to assist with reimbursement, coverage questions or patient financial support. Case Managers are prepared to:
- Initiate benefits investigations (e.g., Are DIFICID ® (fidaxomicin) tablets covered? What will the patient owe? Is a prior authorization required?)
- Assist in the prior authorization process
- Provide information about local pharmacies that stock DIFICID as well as assist in overnight deliveries to the location of the patient’s choice
- Provide information regarding the claims appeal process
- Refer patients to charitable organizations that may be able to assist with out-of-pockets costs
Please note: DIFICID Rx Assist can assist providers with reimbursement research, including coding information. However, Optimer cannot guarantee payment of any claim. It is important to check with the patient’s primary insurance company directly to verify coding, coverage, and payment requirements for DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) tablets before a claim is submitted. Please contact DIFICID Rx Assist at 855-OPTRX15 (855-678-7915) for more information. Optimer and its agents will make every attempt to provide accurate information, but correct information cannot be guaranteed.